October 5, 2015: News Update – Corporate debt defaults, loom, Russia in Syria, Apocalyptic weather events worldwide
Corporate Debt Defaults
• Deutsche Bank Asks if the Corporate Default Cycle Has Started And answers not quite but we’re getting close. / Recipe for one corporate default cycle:
– Take a generous heaping of market volatility
– Combine with contagion in investment-grade
– Add a liberal dose of monetary policy tightening.
– Whip it all together; be careful not to get your fingers burnt.
Trans-Pacific Trade Partnership (TPP) Accord struck between 12 countries
• 12 countries strike Pacific Rim trade accord / Trade ministers from the Asia-Pacific region have reached a deal on the Pacific trade pact that is intended to cut trade barriers and establish common standards for 12 countries, This is the largest trade pact in 20 years and has been a long-term goal of the Obama administration. The bloc is headed by the US and includes Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, and Vietnam.
Russia attacks ISIS in Syria
• Russia Escalates Syria Proxy War: Threatens Full Naval Blockade Of Syria / Last week, NATO’s supreme allied commander for Europe, General Philip Breedlove, suggested that Russia has effectively declared a no-fly zone in Syria. That contention was supported by Moscow’s rather bold move to effectively instruct the US-led coalition to keep its planes out of the sky starting last Wednesday. Ultimately, The Kremlin has declared a monopoly on Syrian air space for the duration of Russia’s military campaign, marking an epic embarrassment for Washington, and serving notice to the anti-regime forces operating in Syria that there’s a new sheriff in town.
Once in a 1000 year floods in South Carolina
• South Carolina hit by torrential rainfall, eight dead /
Closing track by HOSANNA from the Album ‘In The Morning’ (1974)
Song title & link: What Lasts